How can we help you?

Before submitting any topics we will suggest to check our documentations or video tutorials

home Forums Ti Magazine Change width of text on blog posts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  S.simon 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

S.simon
    Participant

Hi,

Have been able to do almost everything to get the theme where I like it, but I can’t seem to figure out how to restrict the width of blog posts. Right now they seem to just expand to whatever the width of the browser window is, in some cases over 1100px. I have a sidebar on the page so that helps some, but I want to ideally set a max of 800px so that paragraphs are…well, paragraphs, and not just one line of text.

Rahman
    Keymaster

Hello Simon,

Happy to know that you like our theme. There is no settings option to change the width of blog posts. However you can do that with custom CSS code.
    To do that login to your dashboard and go to Appearance-> Additional CSS
    Then add this code and save change.

.blog .layout, .single-post .layout,.archive .layout{
    max-width: 800px;
    }

Thanks
    Rahman

S.simon
    Participant

Appreciate the quick response.

I was able to add the css. But what this does is truncate everything to 800px, the header, footer, etc. They just stop now.

I changed the 800 to about 1300, so people on smaller screens won’t be affected, but I’m just trying to change the body text to be 800px total, not everything. Any chance that’s doable?

site is milenomics dot com

Rahman
    Keymaster

Hello,

Use this CSS code, this will change the single blog post’s image and paragraph. Check if this works.

body.single-post article {
    max-width: 500px;
    }

Thanks
    Rahman

S.simon
    Participant

Thank you, I was able to make that work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Special Offer on Any Theme

20%

Off With This Code

20OFF

x