Big featured image on main page - ThemeTim

How can we help you?

Before submitting any topics we will suggest to check our documentations or video tutorials

home Forums Ti Magazine Big featured image on main page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aretru
    Participant

Hi,

First of all, congrats to the good work! Love the theme and the easy customisation options. Unfortunately I am not able to include a big image on the front page (like in the screenshots the post “For the Art of Giving”). I would like to set up the same design on my main page (-> one big image and 4 smaller ones, right below the menu). How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

hasib
    Keymaster

Hello Aretru,

Happy to hear that you like our theme. The section (one big image and 4 smaller ones) is built with the “TM: Featured Posts” widget in siteorigin panel. Just go to edit your page -> Then click on “Add Widget” and search for “TM: Featured Posts” from the list of Timagazine Widgets.

Thanks,
    Hasib

Aretru
    Participant

Wow, Thanks for the super fast response!
    I found the widget already, but I don’t know how to display it. So I checked the 5 posts and then? Putting it in the sidebar does not make sense (I chose not to display a sidebar) and putting it in footer does seem also wrong.

hasib
    Keymaster

Please follow the steps:

At the very first install the required plugins if you didn’t already. Then….

1. Login to your dashboard and create a new page for homepage.
    2. Go to Settings -> Reading then…
    a) From “Your homepage displays” options select “A static page (select below)” option.
    b) Click on the dropdown beside “Homepage:” and select the newly created page.
    c) Click on “Save Changes”.
    3. Now go to edit the page you just created for your homepage. I hope you know the basics of wordpress dashboard.
    4. You’ll see a new option “Page Builder” beside Visual and Text. Click on “Page Builder”
    5. Now click on “Add Widgets” then the “TM: Featured Posts” widget from there.

Update your page and visit your site. you’ll see your newly created page as homepage.
    If you are new at siteorigin page builder, you should check their documentation and tutorials.

Thanks again,
    Hasib

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Special Offer on Any Theme

20%

Off With This Code

20OFF

x